Wine Down Wednesday With Janis
Epi-Sold 2: Resolutions & Goals
Welcome to Epi-Sold 2 of Wine Down Wednesday with Janis. Today we are focusing on Goals and Resolutions in 2019.
Today’s Wine Selection: ‘Taken’ purchased from Evan’s Street’s wine tasting event for Carnegie.
My phrase that got me through 2018 is “Our new normal” with all of the changes in being empty nesters. We had the opportunity to start anew and focus on where we are going.
For our local market update, we finished the year fairly decent, but a good year! Sales finishing out the year had decreased a bit and the amount of available homes have increased. Right now, we have a 3.54 month-supply of homes on the market, which is up as well as our average sale price of $143,000. The days on the market has stayed the same at 47 days. Homes are selling at 97.5% to list price. Compared to two years ago for Lenawee County, we are stable, which in the roller coaster real estate market, that is good!
Reflecting on 2018 and reflecting on the positives, we got to spend a lot of time in Knoxville and in Washington D.C. visiting the kids. We also got to attend some really nice NAR and MAR conventions. We ended up with Ripley in December. Another new addition in 2018 is we now have a Client Care Coordinator in our office from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at our location at 108 W. Chicago Blvd, Tecumseh, MI.
For 2019, I have tweaked my list of goals. I think when you share your goals, they have to be challenging and realistic. Mine are both personal and professional. Maybe it will challenge you a little bit, too!
Here is a list of my Goals for 2019:
1. Exercise and eat healthy. Find what works, get a workout buddy, try yoga or boot camp or take a walk.
2. Schedule time off! Use your passport; take a weekend off; schedule to visit family and friends.
3. Dry January. Join me January 6 – February 5th. Need a driver?
4. Devote 1 hour to a friend: Lunch, coffee, movie. It’s not about you. Focus on them! Be a better friend.
5. Date Night: Schedule time with your spouse or significant. Don’t take relationships for granted.
6. Contact your parents and loved ones!
7. Motivational mornings: Read, meditate, pray, journal, exercise (Have you read ‘Miracle Mornings’?).
8. Give back to others: Focus on client appreciation; March 4th-5th Anniversary; Wine Down Wednesday and Saturday Spotlight.
9. Learn something new! Take advantage of classes offered by Bill Kenyon. Learn conversational Spanish, hire a coach, LEARN.
10. Breathe and sleep more. Life is short! Eliminate the guilt. Enjoy Life!
“If we see these goals on a daily basis, we will stay focused on them.”
Looking to Buy a Home? Check out local properties!
Looking for a local expert to sell your home? See what your home’s value is!